5 week - Beginner's course - Commencing - Tuesday - 14th April - 7pm
Yoga Beginner & Foundation Course
This beginner course explores all aspects of this ancient science of Yoga, including Asana (postures ) plus simple breathing and meditation techniques that can assist you in everyday life and make you happy...it's scientifically proven y'know :). A class for people who are new to yoga or perhaps returning after a hiatus. Build confidence in key foundational poses, develop better body awareness, improve strength and flexibility and learn how to use your breath to create more ease in your body and mind. This class moves at a slower pace, flowing through movement (asana) breathing practices (pranayama) towards stillness and meditation.
Suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Yoga Basic's is the perfect progression into other general classes offered on our timetable. Enjoy the benefits of improving your flexibility, focus and unlock a genuine feeling of wellbeing and spaciousness within. The course will also include breathing and meditation techniques to calm the mind.
In this course you will learn:
- Foundation poses
- Safe alignment principles
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Yoga philosophy
- Practicing with intention and mindfulness
- Become part of our community as we welcome all ages and levels of fitness to attend.
- We have all the necessary equipment for your class, or feel free to bring your own mat.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can move in and please be punctual.
Please note: This is not a drop in class. Courses are also not transferable to another person after the course has commenced.