5 Week - Meditation course - Thursdays - 7pm
Meditation Beginner & Foundation Course
This course is an introduction to meditation techniques from various traditions. Meditation has been shown to have beneficial effects for mind and body. This course introduces meditation without requiring the participant to adopt any particular belief system.
Meditation in the yoga tradition is a systematic and logical approach to understanding, calming and bringing some control to the mind and thoughts leading to realisation of who we truly are. On this course you learn the meditation, breathing and relaxation techniques of Raja Yoga to calm and control thoughts, emotions and outer sensations. Through regular practice of meditation techniques anyone can become attuned to their innermost self and live an effective, balanced and peaceful life regardless of outer circumstances.
Join this course to learn and experience meditation, relaxation and mindfulness techniques to help you concentrate better, relax deeply, replenish energy levels, balance and understand mind and emotions, counter stress, cultivate inner peace and establish your own regular meditation practice.
In this course you will learn:
- Overview of yogic concepts of body, mind and soul
- Mindfulness meditation practices
- Guided deep relaxation
- Sitting positions, including meditation in chairs
- Overcoming distractions and awareness techniques
- Points of focus and concentration
- Work with visualisations, energy and chakras
- Become part of our community as we welcome all ages and levels of fitness to attend.
- We have all the necessary equipment for your class, or feel free to bring your own mat.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can move in and please be punctual.
Please note: This is not a drop in class. Courses are also not transferable to another person after the course has commenced.