5 week - Bro Yoga course - Saturday - 1st August - 8am
Bro Yoga Beginner & Foundation Course
Come and practice some yoga, listening to blues and other classic music while improving your flexibility and well being then join us for a quiet meal at nearby eatery. This is a 5 week intro course in a supportive environment to help you get in contact with your body improve your flexibility, mobility and mood.
We will play to our strengths, accept our stiff joints and muscles and learn to tap into our mental and physical potential. We are looking to feel more open, grounded down to earth and at ease. As the name suggests, Bro yoga - or “brotherly yoga” - is a form of yoga, which is rooted in over 5,000 years of ancient Indian tradition and is tailored for those that do not have the flexibility for standard yoga classes. To make yoga more familiar, a Bro yoga class is designed around sets and reps (like at the gym) which repeat multiple times so that the body has time to open-up and become more mobile. Here is a course that may help the blokes out there to feel more in tune with this transformative practice.
Suitable for all ages and fitness levels. This course is the perfect progression into other general classes offered on our timetable. Enjoy the benefits of improving your flexibility, focus and unlock a genuine feeling of well being and spaciousness within. The course will also include breathing and meditation techniques to calm the mind.
In this course you will learn:
- Foundation poses
- Safe alignment principles
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Yoga philosophy
- Practising with intention and mindfulness
- Become part of our community as we welcome all ages and levels of fitness to attend.
- We have all the necessary equipment for your class, or feel free to bring your own mat.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can move in and please be punctual.
- Our courses are very popular so bookings with payment are essential for securing your place.
- No prior experience is necessary, just come along with a can-do attitude!