Movember - Bro Yoga and Blues - Fundraiser - 25th November - 7pm
Guys, this is a man-friendly yoga class
We’re raising funds and awareness this Movember for all the dads, brothers, sons and mates in our lives. I need your help. Please donate to support men's health.
TACKLING PROSTATE CANCER, TESTICULAR CANCER, MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE PREVENTION
No need for active-wear or limbs made of rubber. We will play to our strengths, accept our stiff joints and muscles and learn to tap into our mental and physical potential. We are looking to feel more open, grounded down to earth and at ease.
As the name suggests, Bro yoga - or “brotherly yoga” - is a form of yoga, which is rooted in over 5,000 years of ancient Indian tradition and is tailored for those that do not have the flexibility for standard yoga classes.
To make yoga more familiar, a Bro yoga class is designed around sets and reps (like at the gym) which repeat multiple times so that the body has time to open-up and become more mobile.
Here is a class that may help the blokes out there to feel more in tune with this transformative practice.
No prior experience is necessary, just come along with a can-do attitude!
The class will include:
- Essential yoga postures (asana)
- Breath-centered approach
- Breathing practices (pranayama)
- Deep relaxation techniques
Movember is the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale, year round. We have one goal: to stop men dying too young.
Your donation will help us to continue what we’ve started and fund world class programs that are saving and improving the lives of men.
Thank you – together we are changing the face of men's health.
Movember is authorised by the Australian Tax Office as a deductible gift recipient and tax-exempt health promotion charity.
How to donate:
- You can pre pay a donation here on this page
- Feel free to bring any cash donations along on the day
- Become part of our community as we welcome all ages and levels of fitness to attend.
- We have all the necessary equipment for your class, or feel free to bring your own mat.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can move in and please be punctual.
- Our courses are very popular so bookings with payment are essential for securing your place.