Kirtan - a special style of singing meditation - is one of our favourite and most joyous practices as yogis. Come along and join your voice with ours. What might seem unfamiliar in the beginning will soon prove to be a mind blowing deep experience of pure joy and spiritual union. In this practice, it is not about having the best voice or the fanciest melody, but about finding our voice in Bhakti - the yoga of love and devotion.
Kirtan is a call and response musical meditation that takes a minute to learn, and makes you feel good just as fast. The practice goes back more than 5000 years and can be practiced by anyone.
You do not need to be a good singer, a practitioner of yoga, or a follower of any religion or set of beliefs to experience the power of kirtan. An open mind and your voice are all that is required!
Combining music, mantra meditation and full body, mind and heart participation, kirtan offers a rich, immersive experience that has the power to change the world, one heart at a time.
What to expect:
- please arrive on time
- live devotional mantra music
- immersive guided meditations
- call and response chanting
- a variety of musicians leading the chant
- dimmed lighting
- friendly atmosphere with dessert and mingling afterward
- bring a friend / meet new friends
- Become part of our community as we welcome all ages and levels of fitness to attend.
- We have all the necessary equipment for your class, or feel free to bring your own mat.
- Wear loose comfortable clothing that you can move in and please be punctual.
- Our courses are very popular so bookings with payment are essential for securing your place.